Big Waves At Avoca

Ray R

Ray R,

It was fairly decent swell wasnt it, I was there about 3-4pm. Probably standing right near you if you were there around then from your photo.

There wasnt too many braving the surf. No one was out at Copa, there were 4-8 out at Avoca (some good rides too!) and about 20 off Terrigal.

Avoca seemed to have the better surf.

Definitely wasnt a time to be on the ledges. I have been off for near 2 weeks and still havnt got the boat in the water, or had a fish off the rocks or beach and have now had the 4 day weekend at Sofala cancelled.

The weather doesnt look promising, but Sunday & Monday are looking better so I will definitely be launching & getting a fish in before I am back at work Tuesday.

Steve.

Ray R,

It was fairly decent swell wasnt it, I was there about 3-4pm. Probably standing right near you if you were there around then from your photo.

There wasnt too many braving the surf. No one was out at Copa, there were 4-8 out at Avoca (some good rides too!) and about 20 off Terrigal.

Avoca seemed to have the better surf.

Definitely wasnt a time to be on the ledges. I have been off for near 2 weeks and still havnt got the boat in the water, or had a fish off the rocks or beach and have now had the 4 day weekend at Sofala cancelled.

The weather doesnt look promising, but Sunday & Monday are looking better so I will definitely be launching & getting a fish in before I am back at work Tuesday.

Steve.

Hey Steve, I was there snapping away between 1:45 and 3:00. Got some really good shots too, should stir the pigs up arouind the rocks .. See Ya Ray R..

Hi Ray

That is what the southern end of Seven Mile Beach looked like yesterday afternoon & also just now!! Incredible - if it wasn't school holidays, I reckon everyone would be playing hooky!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Ray

That is what the southern end of Seven Mile Beach looked like yesterday afternoon & also just now!! Incredible - if it wasn't school holidays, I reckon everyone would be playing hooky!!

Cheerio

Roberta

7 mile beach at forster?

Edited by nathen