Kangaroo Valley 23/2/08

soft-on

Is this anywhere near the Bendeela camping grounds mate ?

Hey stylo, not really its kind of close but very hard to access. I only fish at night and its a good 40 minute walk down cliffs and steep embankments. All ill say its not for the faint hearted but its between the hampten bridge and tallowa dam, but not on the bendeela side.....

There some top fish :1yikes:and a great session well done.

Wish i could get'em that big up my way, i'll certainly keep trying.

How late in the night did you fish?

Cheers,

Dean

Dean, the area i usually flick is pretty hard access and dangerous at that, so i get there on dusk and fish all night sometimes until dawn. Its crazy nearly a fish every cast or at least a hook or hit. When i go i just sit back relax have a cast get a fish, relax, have a cast....etc.

I am a believer in good catch and release and handle the fish like a time bomb; quick photo & then back to the water gently.

Big lures will give you a better chance, although small fish will hit lures 5X their size!

see pic

post-6143-1204242056_thumb.jpg

Hey stylo, not really its kind of close but very hard to access. I only fish at night and its a good 40 minute walk down cliffs and steep embankments. All ill say its not for the faint hearted but its between the hampten bridge and tallowa dam, but not on the bendeela side.....

I head down to Bendeela a few times a year and Kangaroo Valley River (?) by the camp site has been devoid of life everytime I have been there !

So, thanks for letting me know & thanks for sharing.

I head down to Bendeela a few times a year and Kangaroo Valley River (?) by the camp site has been devoid of life every time I have been there !

So, thanks for letting me know & thanks for sharing.

I have had success on plastics there, try smelly ones (gulps,spay on gulp etc).

Also up further in the canal of the pumping station (straight instead of left to camping ground).

Heres ones from Bendeela about a month ago, she was catch and release.

post-6143-1204242665_thumb.jpg