Parramatta City Autum Carp Fish Out

donjuarez

Mixed emotions... fishing and bills all in the same envelope :1prop:

This Saturday parramatta City Council are have a carp cleanout... apparently loads of give aways and fishing prizes to be won.

Registration is free.....

www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/cfo

I'll be down in JB going offshore so the carp will have to wait :biggrin2:

Hope some raiders get stuck into 'em and come out with some prizes :thumbup:

ANy raiders planning on joining the annual carp cull?

:1fishing1: AJ

Edited by throw me a fish

we used to get heaps of them filthy mud suckers as a kid down there esp near the weir...

when there is lots of rain there is usually heaps washed over those weirs...

best fun we had was using our blacky gear and garden wormsand start the depth as close to bottom as can ..

bread is also great and putting floaters out is good as they like to slurp the surface at times....

im busy this w/e otherwise wouldof loved to get the kids down there for a fun time..

there used to be some really huge eels over 2mtres long and thick as an arm to make things interesting and the old liver used to be the killer bait for them.....

good luck to all going,hopefully the weather will be good....

cheers...steve.....

Have never caught a carp before.. and never fished the parra river due to the polutants there.

Anyways, will be good to take the little cousins for a weekend fishing. Probably try my luck.

Are carps good table fish? Is it recommended to eat them from Parra river?

Have never caught a carp before.. and never fished the parra river due to the polutants there.

Anyways, will be good to take the little cousins for a weekend fishing. Probably try my luck.

Are carps good table fish? Is it recommended to eat them from Parra river?

In answer NO & NO

Hey guys, my friend and i are gonna see if we can land a few of the damned things. Is it better to fish for them with a float or a sinker.

I usually sight the fish first and throw out an unweighed piece of bread as bait, particularly in that part of the parra river as it is quite shallow. A float will also work well. Haven't fished much with a sinker but I am sure that will work just as good.

Carp..... ah Yes.... Great fun .... :074:

They will swallow almost anything; however, as previously mentioned corn seems to be the go. Although you can’t go past a hook full of garden worms either, bread also works.

Have fun boys and throw a couple up the bank for me. :thumbup:

Carp are good fertilizer. Atleast let the fish give back all the mud it sucked down.

Find your spot and berley with corn and bread a night before the morning. Guard that spot with you life. Guaranteed youll get a prize. Or hopefully alot of people will read this and in the morning fish just get there early and look for the burley.

Edited by WANNAFISH

ive aalready signed up!! :1fishing1: 10am...will be there around 9 or just after..hopefully there will be some parking...

it would be mad if all the fish raiders can have a catchup...any ideas?

i'll be under the bridge if its raining lol

I'll be wearing a Pirtek jacket and fishraider cap