3 Raiders At Avoca Beach

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Ray, Hutcho and Mercer007(Peter), fished the beach this arvo,

we all had a great time catching fish, the beach was in pristine condition

and the the fishing was great as well as some great waves to watch as we fished.

Hutcho scored a couple of nice salmon, I scored a small salmon and a few tailor,

and Peter scored a humungos salmon which was bigger than his record breaker last week.

These salmon go like the clappers when caught in surf, they try everything they can to

shake the hooks , they are primo fighters.

Anyway that's it for now , was good to be down the beach for a couple of hours with a

couple of mates and catching a few fish, what a backyard to have , we are very lucky boys..

Cheers..

P.S apologies for the sandy pics, can't have a beach without sand..

Great lefts right in front of us

post-3371-1246701833_thumb.jpg

Three of the best looking blokes on the beach

post-3371-1246701868_thumb.jpg

Pete's Huge Record Breaking Salmon

post-3371-1246701903_thumb.jpg

A Salmon duo

post-3371-1246701939_thumb.jpg

The take home catch

post-3371-1246701971_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray R

Sounds like you guys had a great day out there Ray, glad to see raiders getting together for a fish, and catching some memorable ones to boot. This is what raiders is all about.

Fantastic photos, as per usual, and the sand just adds character.

Waiting to hear about your next adventures.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Just to add Ray, What a great week it's been @ our local.

I cant believe that Avoca has been producing great fish and good times.

Thanks for coming over this arvo to show me the improved allbright. (forgive the spelling)

Plus, both Hutcho and myself were at the beach with some new gear and both popped their cherries on the first outing. Thanks sambo.

Cheers

Peter

Good bait session Ray some good size slabs in that lot old mate , it's now time for Hutcho, Mercer007 and yourself to get together and have a night session at Avoca, you've certainly got hold of some decent size jew baits in those salmon and tailor and these are baits they'd take at the moment :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Gday Ray r

Great fish mate. Just wanted to say gday again as i met you at Wagstaff boat ramp on the long weekend. You also had some good fish that day. As i recall there was 1 big snapper. I was out with the wife and kids on my broad bill.

Great stuff Dinnerbell

Mondo & 007

Thanks boys for a great little session, Pete you certainly like your salmon `shaken not stired' that fish was an absolute stonker. The picture doesn't do the size of that fish justice I reckon Jewgaffer is spot on. That is a great looking jew hole and a few nicely presented slabs of taylor might do the trick. I reckon a Sunday arvo session is in order.

It was also great to get a fish on our new reels the drag on my new emblem was magic.

Aaah gotta love fishin.

Regards, Hutcho

Well done boys! Looks like a terrific day for mates getting together & doing what mates do ...... fish! :)

That biggie would have given you a bit of stick! :1yikes:

Great surfing shot too, Ray!!~

How did you cook your salmon? The small ones would be terrific smoked! Sometimes I scallop the bigger ones (cut the fillets across the grain into circles) otherwise they stew instead of fry!

Cheerio

Roberta

nice fish indeed - beach fishing and nice sambo's (some people consider them pests, but I love them - iconic Aussie fish) - gotta love our winter fishing offering :thumbup:

Cheers,

Spizza

:yahoo::yahoo: Onya Steve ... that sambo is a pearler! That record is going to take a special fish to beat it I reckon.

Well done to all on another great session in a beautiful corner of the world :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

On the beach with a few good mates, catching a few fish ... can't get much better! :thumbup:

As for ...

Three of the best looking blokes on the beach
:074::074::074:

Congratulations Ray, Hutcho and Mercer007! Top report!

Great salmon and the surfing shot is great.

Cheers

Peter

Well done boys! Looks like a terrific day for mates getting together & doing what mates do ...... fish! :)

That biggie would have given you a bit of stick! :1yikes:

Great surfing shot too, Ray!!~

How did you cook your salmon? The small ones would be terrific smoked! Sometimes I scallop the bigger ones (cut the fillets across the grain into circles) otherwise they stew instead of fry!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta, I don't eat them but Peter (mercer007) does, not sure how he cooks them,

but he knows how to hook the HUGE ones, FR record not once but twice in a span of 4 days..

Cheers..

Cracking report as usual Ray

Gotta hand it to ya, you certainly got Avoca sussed out BIG time.

Love the photos- the first one of the guy about to get barrelled would have been an awesome sight.

Ah, only a surfer and a fisho know those feelings- for me they go hand in hand...

Surfing Avoca brings back many memories and I know you love the local, I just cannot wait to get up there myself and have a crack from the sand for some myself.

Hope to get up there in the next week or 3 and maybe if none of you are bus you can come dangle a line and revive some nostalgia for me-

Again cracking report- the Sambo is a HONKER!!!!!