I Need A Holiday..................

GregL

It’s now getting into week five without using the boat......

Taking it over to Roseville last week to pull it out of the water to get pimped was torture!

The blackfish that had been going nuts a month or so ago have slowed and they just aren’t giving me the “FIX” I need.......

Holidays were supposed to start today but work and news that the boat won’t be ready for a while, I’m still in the shops......

Not wanting to think of all the fish I’m missing I sit thinking of all the cool gadgets like front mounted Nav Net 10” with GPS and sounder in the bow so we can see where we are in relation to drift without going back to the console.

6 rod holders mounted in the bow area

Electric reel power cables to install around gunnels.

Slimy tubes installed and plumbed.

Tackle centre to be removed and replaced by a drinks esky that’ll live under the drivers lean seat.

Removal of existing electronics in the console to be replaced with a 12” Nav Net Screen to display GPS, sounder and now radar plus a carbon fibre panel to set it in. I wanted radar for the night runs back in from sea. Freaks me out during the day what floats out there, at least the radar might spot some at night.....

So with the boat off the Air Dock, the other day I thought I would take the opportunity to get out and give it a clean down with a scrapper and a pressure cleaner.

Here’s a pic of me in my other CONtender :biggrin2:

post-3563-1247113575_thumb.jpg

Still is a centre console and still has twins tho! :074:

post-3563-1247113606_thumb.jpg

Bored shitless and starting to go somewhat stir crazy I had a looking threw some of the Raider records this morning, some pretty amazing captures there guys!

Looking at all those great fish inspired me to go fishing and wouldn’t you believe it, I had an absolute cracker session!

Conditions were flat calm this arvo, I would have never imagined it wood get that flat!

post-3563-1247113684_thumb.jpg

I could see off in the distance fish schooling on the flat surface. There were different species all mixed together in a super school, total amazing thing to witness!

post-3563-1247113736_thumb.jpg

I had two rods rigged up on the deck so I quickly raced over and cast out.

Bump

Bump

Nothing?

post-3563-1247113820_thumb.jpg

What’s going on?

Maybe it’s the lure, it’s just not sticking, maybe the Blue Tac is old or something, better go for something with a stickier hook!

post-3563-1247113900_thumb.jpg

NEXT!

I pick up the other outfit but this time rigged up with double sided tape! That’ll get em! LOL

Cast out and instant solid weight!

post-3563-1247113947_thumb.jpg

First fish was a great solid coral trout! The thing pulled like a freight train bending the rod all the way down to at least the 10cm mark!

post-3563-1247114054_thumb.jpg

Edited by GregL

Here’s some of the pix of more notable of the catch, hope you enjoy!

Blackfin Trevally

Caught on Berkley soft plastic casting in the upper Dough Boy River Cape York QLD.

60cm

post-3563-1247118211_thumb.jpg

Goat fish

Caught on a Berkley 5" jerk shad off Long Reef Sydney

30cm

post-3563-1247118234_thumb.jpg

Golden Trevally

Caught on a 40gm Raider vertical jigged on a shallow reef Cape York QLD

65cm

post-3563-1247118258_thumb.jpg

Herring or Ladyfish (fly)

Caught on self tied Clouser casting out of the skiff along the beaches, Cape York QLD

65cm

post-3563-1247118285_thumb.jpg

Green Jobfish

Caught on a popper casting over shallow reef on the Outer Barrier Reef Far North QLD.

65cm

post-3563-1247118306_thumb.jpg

Longtail Tuna (fly)

Caught on self tied Clouser casting at busting schools Cape York QLD.

95cm

post-3563-1247118328_thumb.jpg

Queenfish (fly)

Caught on self tied clouser casting along the beaches amoungst the bait schools.

70cm

post-3563-1247118361_thumb.jpg

Queenfish (lure)

Caught on a trolled pink popper in the Jackson River Cape York QLD

120cm

post-3563-1247118455_thumb.jpg

Red Bass

Caught casting poppers on the outer barrier reef QLD

65cm

post-3563-1247118487_thumb.jpg

Spanish Mackeral

Caught trolling a Mackeral Mauler on the outer barrier reef QLD

120cm

post-3563-1247118507_thumb.jpg

Yep fellas going a bit crazy, I NEED A HOLIDAY!

Here's a link to a clip alot of the fish are on....

Greg

.....Here’s a pic of me in my other CONtender :biggrin2:

......Still is a centre console and still has twins tho! :074:

post-3563-1247113606_thumb.jpg

Hey Greg

Here's a later model for consideration, comes complete with chauffer :lol:

post-829-1247121461_thumb.jpg

Cheers :074:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

:risata::risata::risata:

That is the funniest post I have read in a long time Greg. What a novel use for your fishing photos! In a couple of weeks time, when you throttle down on the 'twins'; it will be worth the frustrating wait :thumbup: Looking forward to some photos of the new mods mate

Cheers

Hodgey

:074::074::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::clapping::throw::greatpics:

hahahaha It is not the full moon is it Greg?? I am told it does funny things to people ..... you are not howling at the moon as well???

Your current mode of travel reminds me of 'my other boat' ...... my folding dinghy!! I made it about 8 years ago when I had too much time on my hands!!

post-2231-1247127017_thumb.jpg

Surely you are not saying that Blackfishing is BORING????? It would bring on a FR Revolution!!!!

Can't wait to see your 'new' boat when it is ready!

Cheerio

Roberta

PS I have a spare kayak, if you want to give that a go! :1prop:

Fantastic report Greg. :074: I'll have to get some of those tails... do they come in bigger sizes?

I'm feeling your pain mate but it's the anticipation that makes the great days even sweeter. That Queenie in particular is an absolute horse :1yikes: You'll have to teach me the trick to keeping Giant Herring on the hook... I lost a fist full of them on my trip with the boys.

Cheers, Slinky

I haven't fished for a year and a bit greg so you can only imagine what im like..... i think im probably going to start trolling for marlin up river from the roseville bridge and go land based game fishing out at browns when i get back :tease: !!!!

Hey GregL

I reckon you just got my vote for the BEST post of the year.

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

Brilliant report.

Yor,ve got seriously good fish there too.

Note your 120cm queenie beats my 105cm, you should post it in the records section.

Im sure you probably could get a few other records as well

Cheers and keep the reports coming

Trapper Tom

Cheers fellow raiders and glad I have given some light entertainment to all :biggrin2:

It's amazing how good fish burn into your memories so clearly.

I remember most to the point of even which outfits caught what fish and what lure was on the end of the line, yep it's definately a true passion/addiction!

Well off on Monday so hopefully I will be able to produce a propper report with hopefully some cracking photos of fish of a life time, fingers crossed!

End of the month heading up to Darwin to chase Milk fish, now that'll be different!

Bring on the fishys!

Greg