Salmon At Salts Bay

fisherman1994

:biggrin2: Hi all,

After a week of fishing lake macquarie for bream and flathead we decided that we needed to catch something a bit more explosive. My dad and me took our small boat out to salts bay just near swansea bar chasing australian Salmon. We arrived to find a dozen or so boats all hooked up, and salmon jumping everywhere. This looks good, we thought to ourselves :1prop:

First hole pilly thrown out and i was on before i could stick the rod into the rod holder. Skulldragged him in on my 20pld gear and soon boated a 74cm, 3.25kg salmon who was happily released to swim again.

After another dozen of those i decided to see if i could land a few on some metal spoons. Second cast of my spanyid maniac my 6pld bream gear was howling ! Catching a 3 kilo fish on 6pld line and a 2-3kg rod is no easy task!!

After about 25 minutes and 6 laps of the boat we netted another beautiful model, similar to the others.

By the time we had enough we had landed about 25 fish, all released except one, and lost countless more.

A great way to cap off a brilliant week at the holiday house in swansea :thumbup:

post-10699-1249885535_thumb.jpg

Edited by fisherman1994

days like that you will remember for the rest off your life and you will be telling your kids about this session with your dad

golden moments well done on the light gear to

cherrs gary

Your right Gary, moments to die for............