Swansea Salmon 2/8/09

Catchin Jack

Went out for a quick fish after work Sunday morning at Swansea and as the sun came up the Salmon came in and were everywhere.

Here's a couple of the ones i kept.

2.64kg & 65cm

post-10101-1249350905_thumb.jpg

3.01kg & 70cm (possible raider lure record)

post-10101-1249350942_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fezza

Big salmon Leo , they would have given your angling skills a test,

and yes I think they are both new lure caught salmon records..

Congrats mate.. :thumbup:

Cheers Ray :beersmile:

Heading back out there tomorrow morning for some more, going to take a light rig out also (6'8" graphite rod & abu soron stx20 with 8lb braid) and hopefully not get busted up or snap line haha. (locals there reckon i'm gonna get smoked)

Here's better angle on the 70cm one.

post-10101-1249361468_thumb.jpg

Leo.

Edited by Fezza

Nice fish mate well done, but im not sure if you would have the record. I was fishing at Swansea in the school holidays and i got a 74cm 3.25kg on an Instinct baitfish profile. They are truly great fun on the 6pound gear arent they :thumbup:

I will try and upload a pic but i admit that stupidly i never put the fish next to a measurement device as i was caught in the moment and decided to let the fish swim free again; only dawned upon me after i put him back that he could be record contender.

Anyway mate well done just the same :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice fish mate well done, but im not sure if you would have the record. I was fishing at Swansea in the school holidays and i got a 74cm 3.25kg on an Instinct baitfish profile. They are truly great fun on the 6pound gear arent they :thumbup:

I will try and upload a pic but i admit that stupidly i never put the fish next to a measurement device as i was caught in the moment and decided to let the fish swim free again; only dawned upon me after i put him back that he could be record contender.

Anyway mate well done just the same :thumbup::thumbup:

Hey mate just looking at your PB's in your sig and noticed you have listed a 113cm flattie! :1yikes:

Can I ask when that was?? And possibly where?

That is insane.

Hey mate just looking at your PB's in your sig and noticed you have listed a 113cm flattie! :1yikes:

Can I ask when that was?? And possibly where?

That is insane.

haha yeah mate it was up at Lake Macquarie at 7am in January 2008 at about 7:30 in the morning.

We got a holiday house at Swansea so i fish the lake in my little tinny and managed to hook the monster on a piece of mullet fillet at a special spot, sorry mate dont wanna sound selfish but dont really wanna disclose the exact location as i know it holds lots of breeding flathead and for their sake ill just say it was at the coon island end of the lake.

Im only 15 years old so when i got it i was only 14, it was amazing to catch on 9pld line but yeah if you go up around lake macquarie at the right time the flatties are everywhere and theres quite a few of that size.

hope i helped you out to a degree mate. :biggrin2: