Red October

GregL

Long weekend and where were all the fishos?

Braved it on Sunday out off the northern beaches for a bunch of nice sized pannies. Conditions were pretty average, it was like deadlest catch out there :1yikes: but the swell really got them on the chew. Even had a nice 3 fish in 3 casts run :biggrin2: JustinP got his first real red so job done.

Today Patty was hanging to go for a run as he hasn't been out since Port in March! :wacko:

With high expectations from the previous day we headed out a little earlier than usual.......

We rounded the heads around midday and was greeted with calm conditions, chalk and cheese from the day before. :(

We pushed on and up to the first drift for a couple of hits and a little pinkie. The sounder had bugger all life compared to 18hours earlier.....

We slowly worked our way around my run that I'm forming, picking up a few nice little 2kg fish from here and there. As thos clouds started to move in this arvo we started the run home but we had to stop at a spot thats been producing some nice fish regularly over the last 2 weeks since the boats been back.(Yeah Juszo, same place we had the double smoking yesturday!) ;)

Just as we were coming to the end of the first drift, on the drop something grabs my Pogy and heads for the hills!

With motors on we chased the fish down, as Iv'e been loosing way to many large fish into the reef, staying ontop of it worked a treat and a few mins later my new Sydney RED PB is smashed!

86cm tip length and 7.5KG on the boga grips! :yahoo:

post-3563-1254731887_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1254732004_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1254732035_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1254732074_thumb.jpg

To the dudes in the boat next to us, sorry if I scared you when I started screaming! lol

Me happy camper! G

Thanks guys

With the conditions today I would have thought there would have been more boats out. Longy only had a few boats and most probably more speed humps, opps I mean yaks than boats!

Speaking of humps, there was a mother and calf humpback doing a fantastic display for a good half hour this arvo not 100m way, bloody awesome site!

The storm that hit Sydney looked spectacular from out at sea, the lightning show against such a black sky across the whole city was amazing. We timed our departure as the storm hit the beaches not even 1km away and drove around it and then some how dodged our way threw it and only got sprinkled on when I was putting the Gernie away and jumping in the car. My lucky day :biggrin2:

Yeah I have kept a few pan sized fish for mum over the last week, personally i'm a bit lazy and let them go. We usually have a slot size of 45-65cm on the boat as they tend to be the best eaters and you can cook them whole. Todays pig was about to go back over but the look on Pats face said it all. I let him despatch of it, I couldn't do it......Not after the enjoyment I had from it.

Something about girfriends family, browney points and sex or something like that lol

Todays fish went hard and pulled some good line but some of the other smokings would have pulled todays backwards, just wonder how big are them ones?

G

Edited by GregL

Longy only had a few boats and most probably more speed humps, opps I mean yaks than boats!

:074: Roberta is gonna clip your ears for that one mate!

Speaking of humps, there was a mother and calf humpback doing a fantastic display for a good half hour this arvo not 100m way, bloody awesome site!

I can't wait to get back to Sydney (If I ever do!!!) Getting a line in will be awesome, but I also hope I might get there before the whales go too, that would be magnificent to see.

Great fish dude, makes me wonder if the ones that smoked us on Sunday are even bigger, never even had a chance, Ive been smoked before by great fish on light line but to get smoked by these things was just awesome power, twas a great day, we had the whole ocean to ourselves, except the whales, the photos of the conditions we fished in dont really show how bad it was at times, lets just say my legs are still hurting, however the steamed snapper with ginger/chilli for mondays lunch made up for it, cheers all Justin.

WOW!!! :1yikes: That is one massive Red, Greg!! Well done & Congrats on your new PB!! You deserve it!!!

......Re: Longy only had a few boats and most probably more speed humps, opps I mean yaks than boats!

Roberta is gonna clip your ears for that one mate!........

:074::074:

You know it won't be me out there - I'd be bringing up the berley!! :wacko: However, I reckon brother Sails may be out there soon, trying to crack a Big Red!!!

Cheerio

Roberta